Post, 2 May 2023
Discover which of your favourite brands will be joining the King’s Road Coronation Party, coming on to the street with jubilation and joy, or celebrating with in store specials and exclusive products. Here is the who, the what and the where.
King’s Road (from Sloane Square to Cheltenham Terrace)
- Chelsea Pensioners: Exercising their Freedom of Chelsea and marching from Peter Jones to Duke of York Square at 2pm.
- KXU: Hosting a fitness challenge featuring an assault bike and ski-erg, giving entrants the chance to win vouchers for a complimentary class, a cryotherapy treatment, 20% off a Medi-Spa treatment of choice or a £25 Medi-Spa voucher. Visitors can also enjoy complimentary ‘Fit for a King’ smoothies.
- The London Fine Art Studios: A group of plein air artists will be hand-painting the atmosphere on their easels.
- MZ Skin: Sample their skincare, learning from the experts at their cart.
- Peter Jones: Hosting a personalisation pop-up, offering commemorative gin glasses, engraved with ‘The King’s Coronation 2023’. Purchase yours for £20 and receive a glass and gift bag containing a miniature Campari and perfect serve recipe card. Tickets can be purchased in store.
- Saatchi Gallery: ‘Crown’ your personal or public heroes in their workshop by bringing along a photo, with artists on hand to show you how to graffiti motifs and styles onto your images.
- Superga: Offering personalisation at their pop-up stall on new purchases.
- The Cadogan Arms: Hosting a pop-up bar from which to purchase drinks to toast to the new Monarch.
- Trotters: Trotters’ mascot, Dunwoody Trotter, will be available for photos throughout the day, along with complimentary face painting on the King’s Road. Stop by their marquee to collect a Trotters ‘Coin’ to exchange for a lollipop in store.
- Vita Boutique Fitness: Hosting a coffee truck with complimentary coffee and healthy snacks.
King’s Road (Royal Avenue)
- Chelsea Arts Club: Members will participate in a ‘Chelsea Arts Club Hat Parade’, starting at 5pm at Royal Avenue, showcasing their extraordinary hat creations from over the years.
King’s Road (Dovehouse Green)
Activity will take place from 12pm – including face painting, circus acts and a folk band.
- Callooh Callay: Hosting a pop-up bar.
- Farm Fetch: Selling sandwiches and treats, including a selection of cheese to enjoy.
- Love My Human Townhouse: King Charles Cavalier Spaniels are invited with their owners to enjoy lunch at the Love My Human Townhouse before, working with the Charles Cavaliers of London dog group, guests will meet at 1pm on Dovehouse Green to commence a Cavalier King Charles Parade. All participants must wear specially designed crowns. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register. They will also have a stall selling doggy treats.
- Peggy Porschen: Inspired by the King’s love for nature and sustainability, enjoy ‘The King’s Garden Afternoon Tea’ (an ode to flowers and flavours found in British summertime), a ‘King’s Garden Cupcake’ (zesty lemon curd infused with sweet elderflower to create a refreshing taste sensation, topped with sugar gardening tools and fresh edible flowers), and a ‘King’s Cookie’ (floral crown). At Dovehouse Green they will be selling cupcakes, cakes and biscuits to be enjoyed at feasting tables.
- The Cadogan Arms: Hosting a pop up bar, open until 8pm.
Discover what’s on in stores.
- 11 Cadogan Gardens: Offering a Coronation package; book two or more nights and receive an exclusive perk ‘fit for royalty’ (from a chauffeured ride from any London airport, personalised VIP amenities, gifts or traditional royal experiences).
- Allbirds: Enjoy complimentary Coronation cookies in store whilst browsing the B-Corp brand.
- Annoushka: Shop their limited edition commemorative Crown Charm; an exact miniature replica of the St. Edwards crown which King Charles will wear on the day of his Coronation, each bearing the official Coronation hallmark. And, pick up a complimentary copy of the ‘Annoushka Gazette’, showcasing a variety of Royal highlights from the brand.
- Beaverbrook Town House: Guests are invited to sip on their exclusive cocktail The Coronation, inspired by Prince Charles’ tipple of choice, a 50/50 Martini, that combines Silent Pool’s limited-edition Coronation Expression gin with vermouth and just a drop of Laphroaig whiskey to create a cocktail worthy for the King. In The Fuji Grill, they will be serving a Menu Fit for a King, including some of the finest Japanese cuisine such as King Oyster Mushroom Tempura and Wagyu Donburi, for an elevated dining experience. Guests can finish their experience with a Coronation themed dessert The Golden Crown, a classically British lemon tart with dry meringue, hazelnut praline, shiso glaze and lime confit that takes inspiration from King Charles’ love for a lemon cream!
- The Black Penny: Enjoy a celebratory glass of Prosecco for just a penny when you order a main course.
- Bluebird: Hosting a Coronation Afternoon Tea, created in partnership with Nyetimber. Inspired by all things royal, this quintessential British high tea is available for £34.50pp. Guests can enjoy live music on the terrace throughout the day, and also shop commemorative Coronation mugs designed by artist, Tatiana Alida.
- Boodles: Discover the impressive Gemini ring, featuring two special diamonds from the Cullinan mine (which sits amongst the Crown Jewels), designed to mark the occasion.
- Burberry: Find their limited-edition scarf in their Sloane Street boutique, created in partnership with Highgrove. Inspired by the gardens and His Majesty King Charles III’s private residence, the scarf’s design blends together key features such as birds, dragonflies, wildflowers and magnolia trees and is available for £350.
- Calzedonia: Receive 20% off in store (terms and conditions apply).
- Comptoir Libanais: Enjoy their set menu, a ‘Feast fit for a King’.
- Daniella Draper: Ahead of the occasion, artist Aga Skiba has decorated their store windows.
- FaceGym: Shop 20% off in store on skincare lines, with English sparkling wine, scones and other treats throughout the day.
- French Sole: Shop 20% off in store with complimentary sweets for all.
- Hackett: Celebrating with an exclusive handkerchief designed for the occasion, and complimentary drinks and sweet canapes for clients.
- Harvey Nichols: Celebrating with a limited edition afternoon tea at the Fifth Floor Cafe, from 2 May to 4 June, created in partnership with Chapel Down. £45pp.
- Hans’ Bar & Grill and The Chelsea Bar: Offering an exclusive cocktail ‘The Crown’ featuring Nyetimber English Sparkling Rose, No3 London Gin, rose liqueur and hibiscus flower.
- IKKS Paris: Complimentary union jack cupcakes for the first 50 customers in store.
- Intimissimi: Receive £10 off when you spend £100 in store. T&Cs apply.
- The Ivy Chelsea Garden: Dine like a King at The Ivy Chelsea with their exclusive specials featuring a majestic ‘Grilled Fillet of Beef’, complemented with a mushroom sauce and crowned with a 24ct gold leaf, and ‘The King’s Crown Dessert’, a rich vanilla cream with crispy crumb base and fresh raspberries. Guests can also enjoy their ‘Royally-Inspired Afternoon Tea’, a three-tiered Coronation afternoon tea that includes a selection of sandwiches, fruit scones and a delectable sweet selection, as well as a selection of gin cocktails made with Beefeater Crown Jewel Gin.
- LEON: Spin their wheel of fortune between 12-4pm to win prizes including health shots, vouchers, cookies and cold drinks.
- Manicomio: Enjoy a menu of Coronation specials, including a ‘Cocktail of Kings’ (Bombay Bramble, Pimms, Strawberry puree and prosecco), a Coronation Quiche (featuring spinach, broad beans and cheddar cheese), and a Royal Panna Cotta to finish, with fresh strawberries, blueberries and wild strawberry sorbet.
- PizzaExpress: PizzaExpress Club members can enjoy a limited edition pizza, ‘The King’, featuring pepperoni, spicy ‘nduja and pancetta, with two courses for just £17.95.
- Rabbit: Offering an exclusive five course set menu, available from 5-8 May from £38pp.
- Sloane Square Hotel: Enjoy an afternoon tea, savoury platters and selection of drinks in the lounge.
- The Surprise: Alongside Christchurch Resident’s Association, The Surprise will be hosting a street part on Sunday, 7 May from 12.30-6pm including a British BBQ, strawberries & cream, Pimms and cocktails, live music from The Gab Trio, face painting and a crown competition for adults and children. Free to attend.
- The Pie Man: Shop their exclusive Coronation Pie, based on the King’s favourite roast: a rich game pie, with a mix of venison, pheasant and partridge in a rich wine sauce.
- William Yeoward: Discover a limited edition Coronation cushion in store, only 100 have been made and launches on 3 May.
- Wulf & Lamb: Two exclusive dishes available throughout the day including ‘Crowned mango tiramisu’ and a ‘King’s Punch’ cocktail.